Thursday, October 29, 2009

Trestin

The Story:

So Yesterday after the kids and I got home from Andrew's party Daren and I made them lunch and then put them down for a nap around 2ish. Around 6pm we all woke up from our nap and I had forgot to take something out for dinner so we decided to just run up the road to Taco Bell with the kids and come back home and eat. When we walked in the door of the house I stripped Trestin down to his diaper and put him in his high chair like I always do and I noticed his lips were purple. It looked like he had been wearing dark almost black lipstick on his lips. The edges of his lips were a lot darker. I mentioned to Daren but didn't pay too much attention because I have seen it before. While he was eating he started to choke I ran over there and then he just looked up at me and smiled so I figured he was fine. Well after he was done eating Daren pulled him out of the high chair and put him in a warm bath to clean him off. He noticed when he was in the tub that Trestin's arms were starting to turn purple and at this time it was just from his hands up to almost his elbows but not quite there. He felt them and they felt warm to the touch. So he just kept cleaning him and when he got him out and put him on the couch to put a diaper on him he noticed the purplish color was now up to his elbows. He again felt Trestins hands and arms, it was just the finger tips that were cold but when he pressed on the purplish skin it would turn white for a bit then go back to purple. He called me downstairs and asked me to take a look. Right away we called his parents and they said something must be wrong take him to the ER. At this time Trestin gets off the couch and starts playing but we do notice he starts coughing just a little cough but not too loud. So while Daren is talking to his parents I am calling Amy to see if she would watch Madison. I tell her whats going on and next thing I know she is at my door. I pull off Trestin shirt to show her and the purplish color has moved past the elbow now. She tells Daren to just call 911 and explain whats going on and they will tell you if they recommend an ambulance or not. So he does and they are on there way. He comes back in the house by the time the EMT's have walked in the door the purplish color is almost all the way to his shoulder. The check him out and everything sounds fine, they don't think that he is having an allergic reaction to anything but they still recommend that they take him to a hospital and have him checked out. So we load him up and off Daren goes with Trestin in the Ambulance.
So I finally arrive to the hospital we sit down talk to the nurse and the doctors. They order chest x-rays. Poor lil Trestin had to sit like this! (Sorry it's so blurry I only had my cell and I don't have a flash on it.)




Come to find out they found something on the x-ray but because he doesn't have a temp. they didn't feel that it was fatal and that he could be released but they highly recommended us to see a cardiologist.
The doctor thinks that he either has Reactive Airway Disease or Viral Pneumonia. She recommends that we call our Pediatrician and get a Cardiology exam done on him as soon as possible.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Geezz Emily - every time I re-read this, it scares me more. When is his appointment?

Leesa Roscoe said...

Emily..I really hope nothing is seriously wrong with Trestin. When you said that his arms were starting to turn blue my first thought was that something was wrong with his heart. His blood must not be circulating good in his arms. When is his follow-up appointment? Hopefully they can speed up the process. I know how long it takes for a referral.

Aleea Hickmond said...

Oh,Emily Im so sorry. Please keep us posted !!! In my prayers always !!